Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Walking out!



This was my favourite picture of the day!  It was taken in Whitchurch which is on the River Test and has a famous silk mill. 

 Here are pictures taken on the river walk. 


On a fence near this cottage were the leaves of giant rhubarb which had dried in the sun. 


The river was full of trout basking in the  sun. 


We stopped to look on the Church of All  Hallows and I was struck by the two quite different depictions of the Nativity. 



 ... .... and other small details. 




We then went to the silk mill for lunch where the couple on duty were photographic friends of Anne's so the conversation was great - part catch-up and part reminiscing. 

There were a few unusual shots at the mill too!






2 comments:

  1. Nice shots Anne. You are certainly on form. I love the one of Len and the doorway at the top - it's a real hoot! It made me think of our 'lurking in doorway' shots that we did when I visited you in Bournemouth once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good way to start the day - with a smile, as I read your comment! Happy memories. It is always good to read your comments on my blog. Thank you for dipping in and out!

    ReplyDelete