Cathedrals in England are often patrons of the arts and Salisbury hosts exhibitions every summer. This year it is called The Space Within and they are sculptures by Helen Blumenfeld OBE. They appear in the grounds and within the cathedral. I was fascinated by the textures and reflections within the sculptures.
Textures and colours of a bronze sculpture.
A bronze sculpture and the nave of the cathedral.
You can see me taking the picture!




Good to see you back on the blog Anne. Those first 2 photos are very dramatic and I love the purply colours in the second. Where did the colours come from? Must be reflected I guess.
ReplyDeleteThe sculptures made me think of angels, certainly bodies rather than completely abstract shapes. The colours are already there on the materials and are saturated to bring them out. I never cease to be amazed at the variety of tones. I love reflections too and an spend ages just experimenting with their ever changing shapes and colours. What I liked about the white sculpture was how it almost mimicked the clouds and it too had interesting markings.
ReplyDeleteYes, I love the way it reflects the cloud shapes. You bring out the fluidity in the sculptures. You would be a sculptor's dream photographer: now there's another career path!
ReplyDelete