The main purpose of being in London yesterday was to see a Steve McCurry Exhibition at the Chris Beetles Gallery near Piccadilly (www.chrisbeetlesfinephotographs.com).
Steve McCurry's pictures were all of India and they are on show until 9th February. I have always loved his work, first being aware of him in the National Geographic. He took the iconic photo of the Afghan girl with green eyes. I follow his blog on www.stevemccurry.wordpress.com where he has a theme which he illustrates with quotations and some of the most beautiful and often moving pictures I have ever seen. His current theme is the Silent Language of Hands.
I was also delighted to find that Take-a-View Landscape Photographer of the Year was still on until 9th February. These are landscapes which will take you breath away. There is a book of all the winning pictures.
The other exhibition at the National Theatre which we went to see is pictures and artefacts from the explorer Robin Hanbury-Tenison called Echoes of a Vanished World until 9th March. A fascinating look at tribal peoples.


No comments:
Post a Comment